This qualification applies to individuals working in the cleaning industry as cleaners who are responsible for planning work, liaising with customers and operating in a range of general domestic and commercial settings as well as specialist cleaning environments.
The cleaner may work alone or under supervision and have responsibility selecting the method of cleaning to be used and ensuring safe work practices.
- Clean using safe work practices
- Confirm and apply privacy and security requirements for cleaning work
- Remove waste and recyclable materials
- Maintain cleaning storage areas
- Provide effective client service
- Maintain hard floor surfaces
- Restore hard floor surfaces
- Maintain carpeted floors
- Clean carpets
- Remove carpet stains
- Mitigate carpet water damage
- Clean glass surfaces
- Apply odor control to carpets
- Clean using environmentally sustainable work practices
Ministry of education approved certificate will be delivered to the students upon completion of course which takes from 6 to 12 months.