The Importance of Cyber security
Computer security, cyber security or information technology security (IT security) is the protection of computer systems from theft or damage to their hardware, software or electronic data, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide.
A vulnerability is a weakness in design, implementation, operation or internal control. Most of the vulnerabilities that have been discovered are documented in the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) database.
In this class, students receive instruction and lab assignments focused on introductory concepts in cybersecurity. These concepts include cybersecurity theory and basic techniques for optimizing security on personal computers and small networks. Training in this course can potentially lead to an EC-Council Security|5 certifications.
- Differentiate the various types of security from a computer systems perspective (e.g. CyberSecurity, email security, physical security,
- Describe various basic security practices (e.g. strong passwords, firewalls, account controls, file privacy, etc.)
- Create a user account on a computer using basic security techniques
- Describe and demonstrate appropriate file backup techniques
- Describe basic computer log entries and identify potential security issues
- Differentiate between various security threats and computer attacks
- Identify several techniques appropriate to provide basic protection of a small computer and/or small network
- Describe basic incident response techniques
- Identify potential threats to wireless networks
- Create a risk analysis for a network in a small business or clinic
Do you know you want to take a Citrix Education training course but you are not sure where to start?
Finding the right course is easy as 1-2-3!
- Step 1: Pick the column of the product that you are interested in learning more about.
- Step 2: Pick your level of expertise with the product – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced or Architect.
- Step 3: Select the box with a description that matches what you are looking to learn about.
Citrix certifications are now solutions-based, reflecting the evolving needs of IT professionals and organizations. As a certified associate, professional or expert, you can prove that you have the real-world skills and experience required to deliver successful Citrix solutions.
App and Desktop Virtualization
The App and Desktop Virtualization certifications focus on the design, deployment, and management of XenDesktop 7 solutions.
Networking certifications validate the knowledge and skills needed to leverage the full capabilities of Citrix ADC Architecture, including implementation for app and desktop delivery, networking performance and optimization.
The Enterprise Mobility Management certification validates the knowledge and skills needed to design, deploy and manage mobile solutions.
Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing